What an incredible year, that flew by in the blink of an eye. I wanted to take this blog post to reflect on some of the highlights of the year, both professionally & personally….
- Getting married
- Raising $2.7m from an amazing group of investors for Hired
- Growing the team from 6 to 30 in the span of just 12 months, and building a culture that focuses on hiring as a key priority
- Introducing thousands of talented Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers and Product Managers to some truly amazing and innovative start-ups
- Travel! It’s been another year of accumulating miles… Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong (for the Chinese New Year), South Beach, Aspen, Johannesburg, Botswana (Okavango Delta!), Qatar, Montreal, New York… 291,924 km, 33 cities in 14 countries in all, if you believe TripIt.
- Great Meals! French Laundry, Acquarello, Gary Danko, Zuma, Del Posto, Michael Mina, Morimoto… it’s been a year of tasting menus and fine dining.
- Turning the big 3-0
- TV show of the year: West Wing (I realize I’m about 10 years late)
- Documentaries: Eternal Enemies: Lions vs. Hyenas, Queen of Versailles, Samsara, U.N. Me, Fatal Assistance
- Favorite Book Author of the Year: Peter Drucker